Yvonne & Kimberly Look Back at 2013

1)What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Y: Having my video played at my commencement ceremony.
K: Getting to see Zedd play at a club in Shanghai.

2)What song will always remind you of 2013?
Y: Out of my league by Fitz and the Tantrums
K: Blurrrrrred linessss...though I hate that song haha.

3)Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Y: (a) happier (b) fatter (c) richer
K: (a) happier (b) thinner-- I didn't know how to feed myself when I was abroad for the semester (c) poorer

4)What do you wish you’d done more of?
Y: Travel, although I did travel more than usual this year.
K: Be bold with my style. I have so many great things in my closet, jewelry box, and makeup bag, but they never see the light of day.

5)What do you wish you’d done less of?
Y: Sleep.
K: Made a mess in my room.

6) How did you spend Christmas?
Y: First, I watched Polar Express then fell asleep. After, I went out to dinner with my entire family. It was nice.
K: Watched The Christmas Story for the 193870197 time, yelled at my sister for dragging me out of bed for presents, and had dinner with the fam.

7) Did you fall in love in 2013?
Y: I did fall in like, but not in love.
K: Uh, when am I not in love, that is the question.

8) What was your favourite TV program?
Y: Parenthood!
K: Breaking Bad, post facto.

9) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Y: Let's say, no.
K: Ditto, to Yvonne's answer.

10) What was the best book you read?
Y: For 2013, I think I managed to read 3 books (I blame school, of course). I really enjoyed The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. The novel is darker than I thought it would be.
K: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami. Such a weird book, but so good.

11) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Y: HAIM
K: RAC

12) What did you want and get?
Y: A Longchamp tote
K: A literal rock necklace, thanks to my lovely sister.

13) What did you want and not get?
Y: UGGs, still resisting!
K: This simple black and white drop-waist dress that wasn't well reviewed from the Phillip Lim x Target collection...but I thought it was beautiful. *shrugs*

14) What was your favourite film of this year?
Y: I don't think I watched any good films in theaters. But I did watch Drive with Ryan Gosling, and it's definitely in my top 10 favs.
K: Hmm, I really can't remember anything that was super awesome, but Gravity was pretty interesting since Sandra Bullock basically acted by herself for the entire movie.

15) What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Y: Graduating college
K: Getting back on that art-creating horse. It was rough at first, but I realized I still got it in me.

16) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Y: Sporty and boyish.
K: Librarian luxe.

17) What kept you sane?
Y: Music and good food, for sure.
K: Decompressing with some Chamomile tea (a discovery made with Yvonne on a very infamous cruise excursion) while browsing fashion blogs. 

18) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Y: I watched the movie Trance on a cruise I took in the summer, and can I say James McAvoy was looking fine..
K: Haha, Yvonne, would say ol' Jimmy McAvoy. I have to say, Andrew Garfield grew on me. He's a weird looking guy at first, but a) he is dating Emma Stone (maybe this really means that I have a crush on Emma Stone and not him) b) he is so badass as Eduardo in that Facebook movie...hey, don't judge me.

19) What political issue stirred you the most?
Y: Nobody in the US really gave a shit about the typhoon that hit the Philippines.
K: All these shootings. Can everyone just relax and put down your arms for a second?

20) Who did you miss?
Y: Certain friendships
K: Everyone in the US when I was in China for six months.

21) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Y: To not be afraid to take risks, and experience what life has to offer.
K: Go on adventures even if you haven't got everything mapped out. Everything will turn out just the way it's supposed to, and you will live to tell the tale.

22) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Y: Again, Miley definitely summed up my year so I shall quote her here with:
"We can't stop, and we won't stop"
K: Wise words from another pop princess, Taylor Swift, "We ditch the whole scene and end up dreaming, instead of sleeping." 


It's been real 2013, hope to see you in 2014!

-Yvonne & Kimberly- 

3 comments: