Yvonne's Feburary Favorites


Oh my gosh. When will it end, when will it end? The snow, that is. I guess doing work at home in your pj's isn't such a terrible thing. And while I have the time, I want to share with you my February Favorites!

  1. I've been throwing on my very comfy aztec cardigan that really is like a blanket with it's dolmans sleeves and all. It's actually big enough to wear on top of a sweater, yet cute with a tank top on those bizarre 50-60 degree days. I don't shop at Sear's at all, but with a gift card I was glad I found this.
  2. I got a free Audible voucher this month, so I decided to get the Pride and Prejudice audiobook which is what I'm currently reading. This is my first time trying an audiobook, and I can say that it is pretty convenient when you're just not in the mood for reading. I like that there are a variety of voices you can choose from.
  3. I discovered Little Joy almost a month ago, and I'm still obsessed. Their vintage sound makes me want to put on a sun dress, get on a cruiser, and go pick apples (or something like that).
  4. I finally finished my Dove deodorant, which is the only deodorant I've ever tried. My friend told me to try one that is Aluminum-free next. Surprisingly, many of the big brand deodorants aren't aluminum free, but I found TOMs. I've heard great things about other TOMs products, so I wasn't weary on purchasing this. It's an all natural odor protectant. So far, so good.
  5. It's that time again, where I'm on my last pair of contacts and so reluctant to order more because contacts are darn expensive. So, I've been relying on my glasses more these past couple of weeks. Even though these are so bent out of shape because I accidentally planted my butt on them, they are still my trusty friend.
  6. Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation has done me so well this winter. I'm still surprised. The perfect light foundation that covers my redness and doesn't dry out my face.
  7. Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine serum is the best. I have my mom to thank for that. I found it in the bathroom one day and gave it a shot. It was so impressive, I had to text Kim! It really gives your hair a boost in moisture and shine. My hair has gotten really long so the ends are a bit dry now. After a blow dry, I put it on my tips and it seems to instantly heal the dryness. I also put a bit on my crown to tame fly-aways. It's awesome!
  8. Bumble & Bumble dry shampoo does the trick. I kind of regret getting the brown color because I'm not too sure how to work with a colored dry shampoo yet. But with some practice I'm sure it'll be fine. I've perfected a dry shampoo technique with my Lush powder dry shampoo and my Batiste dry shampoo, which are both white in color. Yes, I have dark brown/ black hair so it does seem a bit strange that I'm saying the white is easier. But I think because it's white, it gets rid of more of the oil/ shine on my second day hair. Either way, B&B is very volumizing and doesn't leave an odor like the Batiste, which I like.
Alright, back to work!
Yvonne

1 comment: