Valentine's OOTD || Boyfriend Jeans

You had me at 'naked.'

People are often polarized by Valentine's Day. Some people, mostly the people who have a significant other, whole-heartedly get into the holiday and go all out with teddy bears and chocolates. Then there are the other people that countdown the hours until February 15th. 

I'd like to say I'm not the one to give into the hype, but since I had to spend Valentine's alone when I was abroad last year, I've been conditioned into thinking I have to do something special with my S.O. Which is completely ridiculous if I really think about it...

But here is an outfit that you will need no boyfriend to wear. Actually, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend would hate this look, because I look like a hobo with a flapjack ass. This is probably more of an outfit your girls could appreciate, because man-repelling always gets at any girl's heart strings. 



Feeling awkward at my impromptu photo shoot at Mom's.

These are a pair of DIY boyfriend jeans. I would consider myself somewhat Botticelli-shaped (I flatter myself wayyy too much, I know), so I really did not think boyfriend jeans would look good on me. I've been coveting a pair for a while but couldn't bring myself to buy it. So naturally, I went to the thrift store and picked up some true denim jeans in a couple sizes bigger than what I really wear. I got a pair of Gap bootcut jeans (I would suggest a jean with a straight or skinny cut for the most flattering look) and distressed them. 

Target burgundy peplum coat, F21 boat neck tee, thrifted jeans, Superga cotu sneakers

So, single or not, put on a pair of boyfriend jeans, and pour yourself a glass of lovely grocery-store-selection wine. It will be a good time, really.
-Kimberly-

No comments:

Post a Comment